In researching yesterday’s post Professional Development in 6 Minutes Per Day?, I reviewed many of my favorite quotes on education and learning which have inspired me. I thought I would share some of those with you and I hope you are just as inspired.
Be a life long learner
- Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.
– John F. Kennedy
- As long as you live, keep learning how to live.
- Learning never exhausts the mind.
– Leonardo da Vinci
- A human being is not attaining his full heights until he is educated.
– Horace Mann
- I am still learning.
- The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change.
– Carl Rogers
- Education is the most powerful weapon, which you can use to change the world.
– Nelson Mandela
- Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.
– Malcolm Forbes
- Change is the end result of all true learning.
– Leo Buscaglia
- Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life as a continuous learning experience.
– Denis Waitley
- The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, And all the sweet serenity of books.
– Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- One of the reasons people stop learning is that they become less and less willing to risk failure.
– John W. Gardner
- The minute that you’re not learning I believe you’re dead.
– Jack Nicholson
- Curiosity is the wick in the candle of learning.
– William Arthur Ward
- Making a wrong decision is understandable. Refusing to search continually for learning is not.
– Phil Crosby
- That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you’ve understood all your life, but in a new way.
– Doris Lessing