One of Lightbox Leadership’s core principles is lifelong learning (the constant exploration and building of new skills throughout your existence). Many times a new learning journey begins with a few simple words that resonate deeply with your vision, values and mission.
A journey can begin with a few words
Below are quotes, which shifted my thinking, expanded my knowledge of personal leadership and caused me to explore the way I view the world. I look to these often as a reminder to where I have been, where I am now and where I want to go.
- Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other. – John F. Kennedy
- You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. – Andre Gide
- Try not to become a man of success, but rather to become a man of value. – Albert Einstein
- Leaders who see beyond the needs of their organization to the greater needs of the community represent at a higher level. – Randy Chittum
- I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. – Pablo Picasso
- Go to the people. Learn from them. Live with them. Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders, when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say, “we have done it ourselves.” – Lao Tzu
- Most men would rather die, than think. Many do. – Bertrand Russell
- Power is…the capacity to translate intention into reality and sustain it. Leadership is the wise use of this power. – Warren Bennis
- Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower. – Steve Jobs
- We must constantly re-evaluate what we do, lest the habits and past wisdom blind us to new possibilities. – Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- You can do exceptional work or make excuses, but you can’t do both. – Robin Sharma
- The intelligent man is one who has successfully fulfilled many accomplishments, and is yet willing to learn more. – Ed Parker
Share the wisdom
Start your own list of inspirational and transformative quotes. Let them serve as your jumping off point for new learning and discovery, then give them to the world and continue the beautiful cycle of sharing knowledge and wisdom.