“You come to nature with all her theories, and she knocks them all flat.” ~ Pierre Auguste Renoir
Leadership development is a competitive advantage
The corporate world has come to recognize that leadership coaching has valuable benefits for business professionals and organizations. According to the professional journal of Consulting to Management, “The leaders of organizations such as Alcoa, American Red Cross, AT&T, Ford, Northwestern Mutual Life, 3M, UPS, American Standard, and the federal governments of the United States and Canada are convinced that coaching works to develop people and increase productivity.”
The following are a few of the benefits organizations can realize from leadership coaching:
- Improve the long-term bottom line by increasing key leaders productivity, employee satisfaction and loyalty.
- Improve managers’ developmental competencies including vision, dealing with ambiguity, and people management.
- Build trust between managers and direct reports, which contributes to positive working relationships.
- Prevent talented, technically savvy, leaders from derailing themselves because they lack emotional intelligence.
- Preparing existing employees to take on larger roles and responsibilities reducing the need to hire from outside.
- External coaches give leaders a space for open, honest and objective dialogue getting to the root issue more quickly.
The following are a few of the benefits leaders can realize from leadership coaching:
- Receive highly personalized attention conducted in a one-on-one setting.
- Create realistic, workable, successful and implementable action and development plans.
- Focus on future opportunities and ways to improve productivity and personal satisfaction.
- Enhance thinking and decision making skills.
- Become aware of the changes you need to make in order to accomplish, acquire and achieve your professional goals.
- Experience fresh perspectives on professional and personal challenges.
- Identify solutions and options to overcome success-limiting obstacles.
- Provide a safe place for personal reflection and a way for top people to explore new behaviors.